• Holder of Degree in Accountancy or Finance
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and competency in the application of accounting software packages.
Execute daily accounting and financial operations of the Authority in accordance with the approved financial policies and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Accountant shall include the following:-
• Manage the daily accounting and financial operations of the Authority;
• Prepare payments for procurement of goods and services, salaries and distribution of supplies and equipment to Directorates and Units.
• Assist in the preparation of regular reports on revenue, expenditure and returns.
• Prepare the Authority’s books of accounts.
• Prepare appropriate journal vouchers, scrutinize and authorize entire monthly payrolls in time.
• Remit net salaries to employees’ respective banks, or prepare authorized list of employees to be paid in cash.
• Perform any other related functions as may be assignee! By the Supervisor.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
The duty station for the position is Dar -es- Salaam
All interested candidates are required to submit applications in their own handwriting. Applications should also include detailed CV, relevant certificates and contact address of three referees.
Three weeks from the date of first appearance of this Advertisement
All application should be addressed to the following address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
TANZANIA EDUCATION AUTHORITY
P. O. BOX 34578
DAR ES SALAAM