Who we are
D-tree International harnesses the power of mobile technology to improve the quality of healthcare delivery by supporting health workers and their supervisors to consistently provide better care to their clients. D-tree’s partnership model focuses on supporting existing health systems and programs by collaborating with governments, funding agencies, and NGOs to support frontline health workers in communities and at health facilities. The starting point of the work is the development and delivery of electronic protocols on mobile devices that guide health workers by prompting them to ask specific questions and take appropriate action. This is supplemented by supervisory tools, dashboards, motivation schemes and integration with health information systems and behavior change communication programs. D-tree has been a pioneer in the field since 2004 and currently has active projects in Tanzania, Malawi, Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Liberia. In close collaboration with NGO partners and Ministries of Health, D-tree has trained thousands of health workers and supervisors to use our tools to strengthen health systems.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time Finance & Administration Manager in Dar es Salaam responsible for office management, accounting, human resource, grant administration and local NGO compliance. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring an individual with a passion for innovation and a desire to support the improvement of quality of health care for underserved communities.
You are motivated and efficient. You are someone who is comfortable working independently in an office setting as well as with colleagues in remote locations (including Zanzibar, Malawi, the US and others). You excel at multitasking and tracking small details and as well as thinking about the bigger picture. You are a motivated professional who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our office and administration systems function and serve our teams resulting in successful programs.
• Ensure adherence to D-tree financial and HR policies/procedures as well as local employment laws
• Oversee and manage daily country-wide accounting and financial functions including: timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, payables, receivables
• Assist with month end, quarter end and year end closings
• Serve as the Tanzania compliance officer for grant and financial reviews and audits
• Payroll Management (including preparation and submission as well as oversight for tax and social security administration for local nationals in Mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar)
• Maintaining banking relations, and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements in conjunction with program managers
• Maintain physical and electronic inventory
• Perform monthly general ledger accounting reconciliations and analysis ensuring accuracy of ledger and month end reporting in accordance with GAAP, organizational policy and donor regulations
• Process VAT reimbursements
• Oversee employment contract renewals and ensure performance reviews are completed for staff
• Coordinate general office operations: supply and equipment purchasing, office maintenance
• Represent D-tree with IIG Group and stay abreast of compliance trends in Tanzania
• File management (HR, accounting, inventory, consultant contracts, lease/vendor agreements) – both electronic and physical
• Occasional field travel as necessary (to project sites and /or the other office locations)
• Ensure D-tree is an exciting place to work
• Other tasks as assigned
• Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar position
• Experience managing USG funding (USAID, CDC and / or NIH) preferred
• Experience with accounting software essential (Quickbooks preferred)
• Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Proficient in use of excel
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Effective communicator and comfortable with explaining financial details to a non-financial audience
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Results-oriented, responsible and strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY:
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter, clearly and concisely explaining how you meet each of the required skills and experience specified above.
2. Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history.
THIS POSITION IS FOR TANZANIAN NATIONALS ONLY
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2017 (before midnight)
If you are not contacted by 10th November please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to the expected high level of interest in this role it will not be possible for us to contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.
Many thanks for your interest in D-tree International. :10.0pt;