Reporting Line: General Manager and Board Audit and Risk Management Committee
Duties will include the followings:
- Ensure audit of the bank at Headquarter and its branches.
- Preparing a comprehensive Audit Plan each financia l year for submission to the Board through the Audit Committee for approval. Auditing quarterly, half yearly and annually the Bank’s books of accounts Specifically scrutinizing the Bank’s loan portfolio to ensure that they have been granted according to the Bank’s policy and the Bank of Tanzania Prudential Guidelines
- Planning, Organizing and carrying out the audit and snap checks.
- Ensuring that the Bank’s internal Control System and other checks are adequate and are effectively being implemented at the Head Office and the branches.
- Verifying regularly the Bank’s Fixed Assets against the Asset Register to ensure that it is up to date
- To carry out detailed audit of the Bank book prior to the commencement of the external audit
- Coordinating, controlling ad supervising duties and functions of other staff in the department
- Preparation and submitting quarterly Internal Audit Reports to the Audit Committee of the Board
- To review systems procedures, policies, controls and guidelines and recommend improvements.
- To ascertain the level of compliance with established policies, procedures and legal requirement such as Bank rules BOT and other Regulatory Organs Guidelines, Banks and Financial Institutions Act, and the bank’s strategic plan.
- To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial data used in preparation of Bank financial statements.
- Assist in undertaking audit and special investigation, inspection and surprise checks and give results there on.
- Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the
- Audit and Risk Management Board Committee.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have;
Degree in Finance, Banking or Accounting with relevant professional training in Risk management.
- Five (5) years working experience in banking industry dealing with Audit,
- Risk Management.
- He/she must possess CPA or equivalent and be registered with professional bodies like National Board of Accountancy and Auditors (NBAA), The institute of Internal Auditors Tanzania, ACCA,CISA
- Masters Degree in related field will be considered as an added advantage.
- Decisiveness, Resilience and Resourcefulness.
- Performance orientation and strong problem solving.
- Good communication and high level of interpersonal in writing skills and reporting.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Strategically aware of the business environment.
- Change oriented and adaptable.
- Dynamic and self starter.
How To Apply:
Applicant should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria giving full details of previous and current employment, qualifications and referees to
Uchumi Commercial Bank
Limited, P.O. Box 7811
Uchumi Commercial Bank Limited has a strong commitment to moral, confidentiality and safety management. If you are not contacted by Uchumi Commercial bank Limited within Seven days (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward your applications before the 03rd March 2018