Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Operations and Information Technology is responsible for directing and monitoring all the Bank`s operations and information technology activities and shall take full accountability for the overall performance of this Department. The position ensures strategic relevance, economic justification, sustainability and quality of the Bank`s operations and information technology as well as the establishment, monitoring and evaluation of service standards. Areas of focus are Central Operations, Card Operations, Trade Finance Operations, Treasury Operations, Credit Operations and Information Technology.
Shall include but not limited to the following
• Provide strategic leadership to the Operations and Information Technology department and guide all its activities to support the Bank`s growth strategies and achieve projected business results.
• Plan, develop, implement, manage and evaluate the integrated ICT strategy to facilitate effective data processing and information management in order to achieve business objectives.
• Initiate, establish and maintain the Bank`s operating policies and procedures, monitor and endure their regular update and consistent application.
• Drive operational processes, maintaining effectiveness and efficiencies while monitoring compliance to relevant local and international regulations as well as total client satisfaction, business operations in efficient manner.
• Develop and manage a team of highly skiled professionals and motivate them to grow the Bank`s business and deliver quality results.
• Develop Bank`s information systems training programs in conjunction with line management and ensure its continuous and effective implementation.
• Maintain good working relationships with other divisions, departments and business units as well as external stakeholders.
• Prepare, obtain approval and control ICT budget within approved levels.
• Ensure IT/IS related projects are properly managed to avoid failure, time and cost overrun.
• Develop back up plans to protect business operations in the event of major crises that could result in huge losses.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO from time to time
• University Degree or equivalent qualifications in information and communication Technology, Finance, Business Administration or any related field.
• Professional qualifications in a related field-such as CFA, ACCA, CPA, ACIB, CISCO, CISA and CISM is an added advantage.
• Possess at least seven (&) years of working experience in the banking sector with at least five (5) in the senior management role in operations and IT.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter (clearly indicating preferable position) and latest detailed Curriculum Vitae (do not attach copies of certificates or transcripts) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post office mentioned below to reach us by Wednesday, 25th November 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Mwalimu Commercial Bank PLC (In-Formation)
P. O. Box 61002,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tel. +255 222775131