General Office Activities
• Deals with telephone and general email enquiries.
• Schedules meetings/appointments, maintains relevant filing system.
• Updates the office list (e.g. contact list, etc.).
• Receives visitors at the office and orients them to the appropriate person.
• Types drafts and various documents (memos, notes, minutes of meeting)
• Organizes in house and external events, orders and maintains stationaries/ office supplies.
• Handles daily petty-cash and cash payment to suppliers.
• Performs daily cash control.
• Pays working and salary advances to staff.
• Prepares cash supporting documents for accounting process.
• Organizes transport, travel tickets and accommodation.
• Updates movement’s board and coordinates with other staff members.
• Negotiates with suppliers (airline, hotels, etc.). in order to obtain favorable rates.
• Diploma in Secretarial or recognized equivalent.
• At least two (2) years experience in similar position with an administrative orientation.
• Good command of English (both oral and written).
• Computer literate and administrative skills.
• Ability to multi-task and to work within a team.
• Good organizational and communication skills, good sense in responsibility.
• Training in front office operation or switch board operation is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of international humanitarian law is an asset.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified persons (Tanzanian nationality only) with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the below address, before 20th November, 2015. Please include; Detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
International committee of the Red Cross, New Bagamoyo Road, Derm House, 4th Floor plot 45 A Kijitonyam. P.O.BOX 23431, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
Email: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org