1. Opens file for every incoming ships/aircrafts on which a shipment for MSD is manifested.
2. Confirming vessels arrival time to Operation department for payment purposes and release
payment requisitions for timely customs and shipping line documentation prior to vessels
3. To do proper item classification (item’s HS code classification), process customs
declaration through Tanzania Customs Integrated System (TANCIS) and upload it for final
4. To process online TFDA import/export permit application and other import permit (i.e
TBS, Atomic Enegy and Tanzania Diary Board) timely.
5. Prepares all customs documents, and Central Freight Bureau and MSD documents required
in receipt of such consignment.
6. Prepares documents related to duty, taxes and other charges arising from overseas items
7. Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming
Shipment, documents transactions in accordance with the clearing and forwarding of
sea/airway freight policies, procedures and customs laws.
8. Make available supporting documents required for clearance such as shipping guarantees
requisitions and ensure on time submission and follow up for immediate clearance
9. Following up with the Freight Forwarders, couriers and shipping lines for freight
quotations and price lists for inbound and outbound shipments.
10. Coordinating with the Warehouse to ensure that copy of shipping documents have been
forwarded to the warehouse for proper receiving.
11. Keeping records of all demurrages, detentions and follow up with the concerned buyers for
settlements and implements preventive actions to avoid customs penalties.
12. Perform any other official duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Holder of Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding or equivalent qualification from a
2 years working experience
Clearing and forwarding skills
Custom duty and regulations awareness
Records management skills
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The position attracts permanent and pensionable contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of the above position should send their
application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names
and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs, and copies of their
certificates to the address below not later than November 6, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will
All applications should be sent by post, courier, or delivered to:
Medical Stores Department,
Dar es Salaam.