IntraHealth International is a non-governmental organization dedicated to improving healthcare in developing countries through strengthening health workers and the systems that support them. Intra Health primarily addresses health workforce and systems strengthening; family planning and reproductive health; HIVI AIDS and tuberculosis; maternal, newborn, and child health; and malaria. IntraHealth work with governments, corporations, local organizations, international NGOs, and more to create Sustainable change and improve health around the world.
IntraHealth mission is to improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work. For over 35 years in 100 countries, Intra Health has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Intra Health International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in the Driver/Logistics Assistant (2) Positions for Intra Health Tohara Plus Project.
The positions will be based in Mwanza.
The driver provides driving support to the project staffs and logistical functions to the CDC funded Tanzania Tohara Plus project. The incumbent of this position will work under the overall supervision of the Administrative and Operations Officer.
• Transport project personnel to auth6rized destinations.
• Deliver and collect mails, documents-and other items
• Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and perform minor repairs when it is necessary.
• Maintain records and ensure compliance with vehicle servicing schedules
• Assist in maintaining vehicle insurance documents and related records
• Provide logistical support with the preparation and implementation of workshops, conferences, and seminars
• Provide appropriate logistical support to missions, consultants, and project related visits
• Maintains and records the vehicle movements in the provided/stipulated vehicle log sheet/records on a timely basis.
• Ensure necessary reviews and approvals of the log book are made on a timely basis.
• Report any unauthorized trips and/or use of vehicle including any discrepancies noted on the vehicle log to the supervisor immediately.
• Maintains and ensures the vehicle service schedule is adhered to at all times.
• Ensure the vehicle is parked at the official premises or other approved premises at all times.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• A form four certificate plus valid class “C” driver’s license
• Attended formal driving course (s) from recognized institutions
• At least five years’ driving experience in government, NGO or recognized private company. NGO experience is preferred
• Adept in local traffic rules and regulations
• Proven skills in vehicle maintenance and minor repairs
• Experience in long distance driving
• Experience in office support functions like filing, photocopying, binding, faxing, operating a telephone switchboard, etc
• Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team based environment
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The dosing date for receipt of applications is November 7, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer