The candidate will perform the following duties as listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Dimensions of Role
• Vehicle maintenance and management
• Staff and material transportation
• Provide clerical duties
2. Key End Results of Position
• Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
• Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet appropriately.
• Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6pm.
• Ensures that after hours travel have prior formal approval by the Accountant and Administration officer
• Compliance to the motor vehicle policy provisions.
Staff and material transportation
• Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
• Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
• Ensure that all organization assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
• Files in accurately the vehicle log books and submits to Accountant and Administration officer by the second day of the month.
• Prepares monthly vehicles’ maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
Clerical’s services provision
• Dispatch and deliver all documents between CDF and other project partners.
• Performs clerical work in the office when required. This includes banking, filing, sourcing quotations, writing purchase requests and general data capture.
Communication and Working Relationships
• Direct report to Accountant and Administration officer and dotted line to Head of Finance and Administration (CDF).
• Head of Field of Operations
• Program Officer
• Project partners/ stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Class “C” driver’s license plus valid defensive driving certificate
• “O” levels including competence in English Language and Mathematics.
• Certificate in logistics, administration/ procurement an added advantage.
• A minimum of five years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills
• Communicates effectively
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate to the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
Applications: Motivation letter explaining why your competencies and experience are suitable for the job, up-to date curriculum vitae including names and email addresses or phone numbers of three referees and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed and sent to the Human Resource Manager via email@example.com or deliver in person at
CDF’s office located in Mwenge area,
Plot No. 161/162, Mama Ngoma House,
2nd Floor, Dar es Salaam;
not later than 24th November, 2017.