The Receptionist ‘Cum Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Jhpiego reception/front office including ensuring cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors. As the first contact ‘for the organization’s visitors the Receptionist Cum Administrative Assistant is expected to be will be professional, courteous, prompt and pleasant.
The Receptionist Cum Administrative Assistant will also assist with other front office functions like sending/receiving couriers, ensuring mail is picked from the post office and other office support tasks as needed.
• Minimum O-level education and training in secretarial/Front Office operations (Diploma)
• Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization Basic computer skills.
• Ability to operate and use a PABX phone system
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili,
• A broad variety of front office/receptionist skills
• Be self motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
• Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
Tanzanian nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package to the selected candidate in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. If you feel you are the right candidate, apply in confidence, indicating the post you are applying for on top of the envelope. Please include your up-to-date CY with three contactable professional references, covering letter and your salary history
Applications which do NOT include ALL of this information will NOT be considered.
The application to be sent through email at HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date is July 17th July, 2015