Position Purpose: Reporting to the Administrations Manager, the Information and Communication Technology (lCT) Coordinator will serve as an active member of the Administrations team and be responsible for administering hardware and software technical operations for Pact Tanzania staff as well as providing technical support for all Pact Tanzania’s country office and field/cluster offices with all available or projected computer applications and communication systems; maintains and ensures the proper functionality of existing network-based and standalone systems as well as communication and network infrastructure using strategic mechanism within the framework of Pact’s Global IT Policy and standardization. He/she will interact and work closely with Pact’s Global IT specialist and any assigned ICT vendor assigned to Pact Tanzania.
• Ensure availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, applications, and connectivity.
• Provide first line support, advice, and solutions to IT users in relation to application, data, and business process issues, ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that system security and organizational compliance, processes, and procedures are in place and properly maintained.
• Perform proactive tasks for IT equipment, infrastructure, and applications maintenance.
• Engage in the maintenance and monitoring of office network system and its infrastructure
• Provide ICT hardware and end user support to users of IT at the Pact Tanzania Oar es Salaam head office as well as field/cluster offices.
• Facilitate information management and usage.
• Increase user IT proficiency through the transfer of skills to Pact Tanzania staff.
• Security administration management and licensing.
• Technical Support for software installations migrations and upgrades for all application systems.
• Technical hardware monitoring; Fibre and Cisco Routers, computer hardware, new computer equipment configurations, and computer hardware recovery procedures.
• Manage disposal of ICT equipment under the guidance of the Administration Manager.
• Technical analysis of breakdowns of equipment so as to establish trends and remedial measures.
• Ensure disaster recovery mechanisms are in place in related to communication and network systems
• Designs and if needed implements disaster recovery and carries out preventive maintenance
• Establish and manage relationships to achieve global and country level IT objectives within the framework of country programs within the designated/assigned areas.
• Advice and make recommendations conceming technological advancements on radio, satellite systems and telephone.
• Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
• Provide ICT and communications training in order to improve the level of ICT literacy amongst staff.
• Upgrade and replace server hardware where appropriate. Coordinate and troubleshoot issues related to hardware support
• Monitor and upgrade the telephone systems in the organization
• In coordination with Safety and Security Unit assess and recommend technologies related to communication equipment and systems
• Develops and maintains any necessary documentation related to the IT systems administration or managements;
• Recommends policies and procedures for staff and visitors access to and use of the systems, and monitors compliance with approved policies and procedures;.
• Maintains the inventory of all IT systems related items and plans to replace those below minimum requirement;
• Visits selected impact area for making preventive maintenance and assesses and fixes their problems;
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots and fixes network systems, computers, printers, scanners, etc;
• Provides technical consultancy for all IT procurement related item;
• Support the in the management the qualified identified vendor / service provider for Pact Tanzania.
• Perfom any other tasks as assigned by the administration manager
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related fields
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role the NGO sector
• Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks.
• Experience of supporting LANs, SOL Server, and email server administration.
• Experience of Microsoft Server administration.
• Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies.
• Ability to organize own work and work independently.
• Capability to communicate ideas and technical information• to a non-technical audience.
• Promotes high performance by all staff.
• Networks and shares information and best practices.
• Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions.
• Proven self-management and personal accountability
• Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both ‘written and spoken in both English and Kiswahili
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org with the heading
Application for the position of Technical Services Coordinator -Child Protection and Parenting or Technical Services Coordinator-Economic Strengthening or Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Coordinator or Internal Control Officer or Cluster Accountant, Moshi.
Pact Tanzania will only review the applications sent to the official e-mail address mentioned in this job advert.
The closing date for the application will be Wednesday: 6th December 2017
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted) Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply