Required minimum qualifications:
• Degree in Engineering (Civil, Water resources, or equivalent).
• Registered with ERB as a Graduate Engineer.
• At least three years relevant experience in water utility operations.
• Proven ability to use computer aided designing software
• Age should not be above 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
Employee’s duties include but not limited to the following:-
• Create solutions to complex technical problems in a variety of industries.
• Creates, modifies, and tests products and processes.
• Assists in formulation of works.
• Organizes, supervises and monitors all service, inspections, maintenance and repair work of civil structure, water and sewerage networks.
• Supervises land surveying.
• Utilize computer-aided design and drafting equipment during design phase.
• Supervises new water and sewerage projects.
• Prepares technical specifications and bills of quantity
• Prepares or reviews project blueprints and specifications to determine the size of a structure or system and the quantity of materials needed.
• Makes routine inspections of works and work sites to ensure compliance to design standards specifications.
• Assists in developing methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
• Can be assigned to work in the GIS unit digitizing water and sewerage network.
• Oversees workshops.
• Evaluates results to ensure structures are suitable for occupancy.
• Prepare reports, documents project activities and recording of data.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisors
MODE OF APPLICATION
Apply in handwriting, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 15th October, 2017. Application should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,