Required minimum qualifications:
• Degree in Engineering (Civil, Water resources, or equivalent).
• Registered with ERB as a Professional Engineer.
• At least five years relevant experience in water utility operations, three of which in a consulting firm.
• A second degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Proven ability to use computer aided designing software
• Age should not be above 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
Employee’s duties include but not limited to the following:-
• Advises the water source, treatment and distribution engineers on major breakdown and repair of civil works.
• Plan and supervise surveys, design, construction of water works, buildings and drainage systems.
• Resolves on-site problems, negotiating any conflicts that arises and reports unresolved ones to a supervisor.
• Responds to public reactions related to water and sanitation/sewerage projects.
• Co-ordinates preparation and compilation of annual inspection, service and maintenance plan of civil works and supervises its implementation.
• Participates in the process of policy formulation.
• Evaluates and reviews plans for civil extension works.
• Develops methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
• Participates in the preparation of annual budget particularly in matters of a civil works nature.
• Can be appointed into a project implementation or management unit.
• Reviews reports and documentations on project activities and data and keeps custody of the same.
• Participates in water and sanitation projects formulation process.
• Reviews rules and regulations and ensure its compliance by civil engineering staff.
• Helps in training and/or monitoring of Graduate Civil/ Environmental Engineers for the registration with the Engineers’ Registration Board.
• Ensure preparation of development and training programme for staff in his/her sections.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisors.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Apply in handwriting, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 15th October, 2017. Application should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,