Required minimum qualifications:
• Degree in Electromechanical Engineering or degree in Electrical/Mechanical engineering.
• Registered with ERB as a Graduate Engineer
• At least five years relevant experience
• Age should not be above 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
• developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
• developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
• reads blueprints and other design documents to aid in mechanical assembly; designing, testing and manufacturing electronically controlled mechanical systems; fabricating metal housings, fittings and various other metal machine parts; calibrating hydraulic systems and mounting electronic parts.
• Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing plants parts and systems.
• Use excellent analytical skills and expertise with computer technology and mechanical processes to perform duties.
• Produce written reports detailing the results of your work.
• Ensure to complete installation needs as stated by management.
• Design and develop products and systems like cables, connectors and penetrators.
• Prepare guidelines and procedures to plants maintenance as per specifications and schedules using safest and cost effective processes.
• Research and evaluate data for customer design proposal, parameters and manuals to identify design and application feasibility.
• Develop and maintain relations with other departments for optimum product development focusing toward product standardization.
• Direct and coordinate installation of fabrication activities to ensure systems and products comply with electro-mechanical engineering design along with customer specifications.
• Review and approve electro-mechanical engineering designs before manufacture to ensure design review conformance and repetitive errors elimination.
• Provide technical assistance to clients and company’s representatives.
• Interact with other engineers to utilize engineering data for defining and developing design concepts to attain client requirements.
• Develop preliminary, final as well as working layouts related to electro-mechanical engineering.
• Estimate engineering time and complete dimensional studies of projects.
• Perform calculations, qualify, analyze and test units.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Apply in handwriting, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 15th October, 2017. Application should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,