Required minimum qualifications:
• Registered with ERB as a graduate Engineer.
• At least three years relevant experience in sanitation/water utility operations,
• Proven ability to use computer aided designing software
• Age should not be above 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities
• Employees duties include but not limited to the following: –
• Ensures and organizes proper maintenance of sewerage works and drainage systems and equipment.
• Ensures proper treatment of wastewater.
• Prepares maintenance plans.
• Collects pumping data and submits periodical reports to Head of Sanitation Operations.
• Conducts periodical and regular inspection of the area of his/her jurisdiction.
• Guides technical staff and professional staff deployed in his/her jurisdiction.
• Develops simpler and easier ways of maintenance.
• Initiates better working methods.
• Ensures compliance with the maintenance rules and regulations.
• Plans flood control and other emergencies, reviews performance of sewerage works.
• Prepares specifications, estimates cost and tests materials.
• Collects, keeps and updates technical data.
• Assists in surveying, designing and developing detailed drawings and maintenance of sewerage works such as, sewers, pumping stations, treatment plant/ponds, inspection chambers and all other structures constructed in sewerage system. Measuring wastewater discharge and effluents.
• Assists in preparation of specifications and estimates of designed projects as well as collection of data of sewerage systems.
• Assists in conducting tests of materials, project evaluation, review and work-
• studies of sewerage systems.
• Assists in supervision of construction of sewerage system projects.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Apply in handwriting, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and 2 letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 15th October, 2017. Application should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
MWANZA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,