Main Duties and Responsibilities
a) To process admission through Central Admission System (CAS) and verify lists of selected applicants into higher education institutions according to set criteria;
b) To address queries and guide applicants with formalities related toad mission into higher learning institutions;
c) To collect and compile data from higher education institutions for preparation of the admission guidebook;
d) To carry out admission audits from time to time;
e) To assist in organizing meetings and documentation for the Admission meetings;
f) To perform any other duties as will be assigned, by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Education or Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, lCT or equivalent qualification from any recognized institutions with minimum experience of three years in the field of specialization. ICT skills in computer applications are mandatory.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications applicants’ for the above position are required to have the following attributes:
a) A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
b) Ability to work in a dynamic team;
c) Ability to produce expected results;
d) Ability to self manage and meet deadlines;
e) Willingness to work beyond the call of duty;
f) Computer literacy;
g) Must not be above 35 years of age.
Successful candidate will be paid according ‘to Tanzania Commission for Universities salary scale.
MODE OF APPLICATION;
1) Applicants who meet the stated requirements for the advertised posts and would like to serve the Tanzanian Public Service through Tanzania Commission for Universities; should send their applications to:
The Executive Secretary
Tanzania Commission for Universities
P.O. Box 6562
DAR E S SALAAM
2) Signed application letters must be accompanied by:
a) Proof of Tanzanian citizenship (affidavits will not be accepted)
b) Applicant’s current CV and two passport size photoqraphs in colour.
c) Photocopies of transcripts, academic and professional certificates.
d) Names and full contact addresses and daytime telephone numbers of three referees.
3) All applications must be posted; personal delivery will not be entertained.
4) All applications must be in hand writing.
5) Applications should reach the Tanzania Commission for Universities latest by the close of business on 8th July 2015.
6) The title of the position applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
7) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate instituting legal’ action.
8) Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Source; Mwananchi 19th June 2015