Program Technical Development and Quality
• Lead staff to maintain and improve program quality, innovation and learning among the ongoing agriculture projects and build quality into future program initiatives.
• She/he will utilize best practices in sustainable development that conserve the natural resource base and promote environmental recovery while applying market based solutions through the CRS pathway to prosperity approach.
Program Growth: Identify and pursue opportunities for program growth.
Representation: Represent CRS in national-level meetings, sharing forums and technical working groups.
Staff Management: Supervise, lead, mentor and coach program staff.
• Master`s degree (minimum) in a relevant field such as agronomy, agricultural economics, natural resource management, rural finance.
• At least 10 years of experience working in the development sector, preferably in agriculture and/or rural economic development.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in agricultural development for small holders, with in-depth experience in at least one of the CRS focus areas including climate smart agriculture, value chain development or agroenterprise.
• Demonstrated experience integrating women and youth as active participants in development.
• Skills and experience in high-level advocacy, negotiation and coalition building with multiple stakeholders. Proven fundraising experience.
• Experience building partnerships with the private sector.
• Existing relationships within the ministry of Agriculture, food security and cooperatives and key government agencies related to agricultural development.
• Demonstrated abilities in documentation of lessons learned, report-writing, monitoring and evaluation.
• Extensive management, teambuilding and supervisory experience.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Fluency in Swahili and English.
If you are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume by October 30, to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line:
Application for Agricultural Livelihoods Director, the position will remain open until the ideal candidate is identified.