DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide creative leadership that enables the Commission to deliver its mandate as provided in the Act in a financially sustainable manner and any other subsidiary legislation made there under.
• Perform, in a professional and ethical manner, all duties typical of the office as prescribed in the Act.
• Develop, implement, evaluate and update the Strategic Plan of the Commission.
• Ensure the Irrigation Development Fund is adequately financed and utilized.
• Ensure the Commission effectively identify, mitigate and manage all relevant risks.
• Enable the Governing Board of the Commission to fully implement its mandate.
• Ensure timely and efficient execution of duties by all officers of the Commission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Master’s degree in Engineering (Irrigation, Water Resources, Civil or Agriculture)
• Must be registered by the Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
• Possession of MBA qualifications will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of FIVE (5) years’ experience as a Director (or equivalent) responsible for departments, institutions, companies and/or programs dealing with the development and management of irrigation & drainage, water resources, or related sectors.
• Experience as CEO will be an added advantage.
• Not less than 15 years working experience, of which seven (7) years must be as front line manager of irrigation and/or water resources development programs/projects.
• A track record of delivering outcomes and impacts that self-perpetuate after the end of an intervention program/project.
• Skills and track record in fundraising and attracting private sector investment.
• Ability to handle community relationships, disputes and conflicts arising from irrigation investments in different locations.
• Able to manage continuity, change and transition.
• A presence, strong personality, proven team working skills and a results-orientated hands-on approach to work, coupled with impeccable communication.
• The position comes with an attractive remuneration package as per Government’s scheme of service.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 55 years old.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
• Computer Certificate
• Professional certificates from respective boards
v. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vi. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
vii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
viii. Applicants employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
ix. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
x. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xi. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiii. The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and the applicant’s birth certificate. This shall also include submission of certificate or application of registration by VCT or MCT.
xiv. Deadline for application is 1st March, 2016
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xix. All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (This address can also be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
xx. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION LETTER. IT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
PRESIDENTS OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
DAR ES SALAAM.
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat