• Promoting Export Opportunities for Horticulture and fresh produce products in
• Tanzania to Europe, Asia and neighboring countries.
Responsibility and Accountability
• Responsible for the operational department budgets, budget monitoring, strategic planning and any horticultural capital projects as needed including installations of supportive cold storage facilities.
• Collaborates with growers/exporters/Government officials and Airlines to identify opportunities to attract air freight business for fresh produce out of
• Tanzania through consolidation
• Identify key success factors for other African countries that have significant horticultural and floricultural exports
• Identify major export constraints and advise opportunities for expansion and growth
• Make policy recommendations for the Government and identify possible areas’ of interventions for donors
• Establish collections centers for farmer groups in production areas
• Improving farmers marketing skills and helping form marketing groups
• Explore export of fresh fish out Mwanza via KIA in a view of attracting freight at KIA and promote coordination between perishables exporters from Mwanza and KIA
• Evaluate the costs of landing, handling and aviation fuel in a view of aligning the same with other East African airports to make KIA a cheaper airport the will encourage air freight to land in Tanzania. This will ensure that all Tanzania horticultural and floricultural exports go via KIA and not JNIA
• Evaluating market opportunities for the new products and for providing market information to exporters
• Establishes and maintains high horticultural standards and practices; providing directions, training and motivation for the horticultural staff, growers and exporters.
• Meets with growers/exporters both small and large, to develop long term productive relationships and growing the size of the program overtime.
• Establish market links with big retailers in Europe and Asia
• Work closely with TAHA to enhance and promote the use of available airport facilities at both DAR and KIA through corporation of horticultural and floricultural exporters
• Develop marketing system through establishment of farmers and traders database
• Bachelor Degree in Business Development, Horticulture, Natural Sciences, or Marketing. Master’s degree with experience in research or horticulture export business will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing or business development especially in horticulture industry and /or air freight
• A very good understanding of perishable produce export industry, including air freight
• Skilled in negotiation with Government and donors
• Have a very good understanding of perishable produce export industry, including freight and also have skills to negotiate with Government and donors
• Only applicants who meet the stated requirements for the advertised positions should send their application to the below address adhering to:
• Signed application letters accompanied by detailed CV photocopies of academic certificates, testimonials, and names of three referees.
• Applications must be in hand writing
• Deadline 14 days from the date of advertisement
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those who do not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply
The Chief Executive Officer
Swissport Tanzania Plc
Julius Nyerere International AirPort
DAR ES SALAAM-TANZANIA