Job Objective: To strengthen the programme departments (and units) for better coordination and responsiveness to internal as well as external demands and programming requirements.
Job Summary: The scope of duties of the Programme Head will include:
• Stay well abreast of current developments and trends in the country regionally and internationally on CSOs work in general and women’s rights to ensure that WFT’s programmes are effectively and timely responsive to current issues and challenges facing women, especially in the country.
• Providing oversight, strategy, direction and continuity for current fundraising activities, while at the same time assessing and responding to WFT’s growth and changing needs by expanding current program activities and creating new ones, as appropriate.
• Manage and oversee all program initiatives as against the organizational Strategic Plan (SP), Annual Plans and budgets.
• Support the Executive Director by providing strategic leadership and oversight in all programs, especially in resource mobilization and grant making.
• Work with Program Officers to, develop programme plans and budgets; approve and monitor programme funds and jointly with Management facilitate decision-making within the Organization.
• Participate in conducting of annual performance evaluations and actively guide staff professional development as needed.
Maintain an overview of team composition and dynamics; lead team-building and integration process.
• Collaborate with the senior management team of the Women Fund Tanzania: ensure the well-being of the organisation as a whole; model effective leadership to all WFT’s staff; set the tone for the organisation’s inner workings; listen and provide guidance to staff; interpret WFT’s vision, values and strategies.
• Work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure flow of relevant information and encourage effective coordination between teams and to develop and plan special new initiatives or programmes as needed.
• Strong analytical and managements skills
• Ability to manage complex problems proactively/effectively
• Ability to design and write a variety of reports, articles and other information products
• Personal initiative and ability to work under pressure
• Knowledge of current development theory, policies and practice
• Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively both orally and in writing;
Qualifications and experience
• At least in possession of Master’s degree in political science, gender studies, sociology, humanities or related field;
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the field of CSO/women’s rights or relevant professional experience in social justice or human rights broadly.
• Grant making management track record and experience is an added advantage
• Proven managerial, operations, financial, problem solving, and networking and organisational development experience.
• Candidates must demonstrate a proven commitment to women’s rights activism and will be expected to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and model the rights based and social justice values espoused by WFT.
Kindly provide names of 2 reliable referees
How to apply
The interested part may apply by sending resume and cover letter through the email firstname.lastname@example.org or the physical address provided below.
By 10th December 2017. If you won’t hear from us within seven days from the deadline please count that, your application has not been successful.
Women Fund Tanzania (WFT),
Dar es Salaam