Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of the Board of Directors, the Independent Director will have the following primary duties and responsibilities.
• To determine the Bank`s vision, mission and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the Bank survives and thrives.
• To govern the bank by broad policies and objectives, as formulated and agreed with the managing director.
• To assess the performance and effectiveness of the Board as a whole, and that of individual Directors.
• To select and appoint the Managing Director of the Bank, review and evaluate his/her performance regularly and offer administrative guidance.
• To oversee the Risk Management function within the Bank and its subsidiaries, and the effective management of investor relations.
• To appoint direct reports to the Managing Director.
• To regularly attend Board and other important meetings, and participate effectively and with commitment in Board assignments.
• To keep well-informed about Bank matters, be well-prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
• To build a collegial working relationship with the Board.
• A professional banker or lawyer, or accomplished entrepreneur.
• Entrepreneurship, management experience and knowledge of banking.
• No criminal record.
• No involvement as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
• Clean credit record, including that of related parties.
• No history of bankruptcy.
• Multi-skilled candidates with legal knowledge will have an added advantage.
Mode of Application
Qualified and experienced candidates are requested to apply with the following:
• An application letter detailing your suitability for the position.
• A comprehensive curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Certified copies of relevant certificates and awards.
• Certified copies of your current passport (last two pages).
• Three recent passport size photographs.
• Letters from 3 referees (2 professional, 1 personal).
• Declaration of indebtedness to Banks.
• The application should not be a shareholder of CRDB Bank PLC, an employee of a shareholder or have a relationship to the Management or the Board.
• Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• Upcountry candidates will be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interviews.
• Interested candidates are invited to send their application to:
People Dynamics Limited
DAR ES SALAAM – TANZANIA
The deadline of the application is close of business on 29th February, 2016