Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Confident dealing with all levels of management
• Adequate knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices,
• Good knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal auditing
• Adequate working knowledge of risk based internal auditing
• Considerable knowledge of utility industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
• Considerable skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Good business management and leadership skills
• Self motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Creative, innovative and team working skills
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
Materials Management Auditor (x 2 ) –JOB REF. 02
Reports To: Principal Materials Management Auditor
Reporting Office: Head Office
Performs materials management and Procurement auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects related to Materials Management and Procurement.
• Conducting risk assessment and recommending control measures on identified materials management control weaknesses.
• Investigates on the causes of pilferage losses, discrepancies on stocks.
• Verifies the accuracy of stock records, cards and bin cards.
• Reports and advises on application of laid down procedures on materials management and Procurement
• Advising on technical education required on matters ÂÂÂ relating to materials management and Procurement
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, compose summary memos, and prepares working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts.
• Represents internal audit of organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
• Provides or assists in providing training, coaching, and guidance to internal audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
• Performs related work as assigned by Internal Audit Management.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holder of a Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Materials Management, Procurement, Accounting or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
• Must be registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB)
• Certification on CIA or CPSP will be an added advantage
• At least two years of full-time experience in Materials Management and Procurement
Remuneration and Benefits:
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience. Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need to apply.
If you a Tanzanian National and interested in the position, you should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources
PO Box 9024,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania