Railway Children Africa is committed to developing effective interventions that change the lives of children on the streets. We have recently been contracted by PACT under the USAID Kizazi Kipya to deliver support in programme design and development of services for children on the streets across six cities in Tanzania.
You will serve as an active member of the RCA team implementing the USAID Kizazi Kipya project, specifically the Children Working and Living in the Streets(CLWS) component. With the primary responsibility of supporting monitoring and evaluation functions of CSOs implementing the CLWS component.
The M&E Officer must develop a close working relationship with the CSOs implementing the CLWS component under the USAID Kizazi Kipya project. The Officer will be responsible for:
• Support in implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities of the CSOs, including development of workplans and indicator frameworks, support for data management, and reporting
• Support in reviewing and improving the CSO M&E tool, and ensure they respond to the data requirements
• Support data analysis, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly trends including to engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming
• Generate data and contribute to quarterly or other reports, as needed
• Conduct routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs)
• Facilitate communication between technical team and M&E team
• Play a coordinating function for producing data and feeding to RCA programme reports
• Provided technical assistance to CSOs on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with M&E plan
• Conduct and coordinate provision of regular data monitoring visits to CSOs programs; review and provide feedback on CSOs performance reports.
• Serve as a mentor to CSOs and provide technical assistance in various areas relating to M&E
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area
• Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs;
• Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, and visualization
• 3-4 years’ work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children
• Report writing skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent peoples and partnership skills.
• Collaborative team player with leadership skills
• The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
• Knowledge of different database software
• Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position highlighting salary expectation and curriculum vitae detailing your experience with three referees to email@example.com
Closing date of receiving application is 6th October 2017.