The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer serves as an active member of the team for the implementation of Pact’s KIZAZI KIPYA project with the primary responsibility for supporting monitoring and evaluation functions under the technical direction of the Senior Monitoring &Evaluation Officer.
The Monitoring &Evaluation Officer must develop a close working relationship with the sub grantees. The Officer will be responsible for:
• Support in implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities in the cluster, including development of work plans and indicator frameworks, support for data management and reporting.
• Support learning, research and evaluations as they arise
• Support data analysis, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly trends including to engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming
• Generate and contribute to quarterly or other reports, as needed
• Conduct routine internal data quality assessments (OQAs)
• Facilitate communication between technical team and M&E team
• Contribute to publications and presentations arising from project’s work
• Playa coordinating function for producing data and feeding to regional Program and technical people for reports
• Participate in other, monitoring, evaluation, research or dissemination work arising from the unit, as requested by supervisor
• Provided technical assistance to sub grantees on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with M&E plan
• Conduct and coordinate provision of regular data monitoring visits to sub grantee programs; review and provide feedback on grantee performance reports.
• Serve as a mentor to sub grantees and provide technical assistance in various areas relating to M&E
• Other tasks as assigned by a supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area; Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs;
• Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization and use
• 2 – 3 years’ work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children (experience with health facility setting a plus)
• Experience with DHIS2 preferred other software a plus.
• Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research a plus
• Report writing and publication skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent peoples and partnership skills.
• Collaborative team player leadership skills
• Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
• The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
• Knowledge of different database software
• Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org with the heading
Application for the position of Technical Services Coordinator -Child Protection and Parenting or Technical Services Coordinator-Economic Strengthening or Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Coordinator or Internal Control Officer or Cluster Accountant, Moshi.
Pact Tanzania will only review the applications sent to the official e-mail address mentioned in this job advert.
The closing date for the application will be Wednesday: 6th December 2017
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted) Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply