To develop and manage country level operations research priorities, as well as results-based monitoring and evaluation framework that measures Amref Health Africa – Tanzania country programmes performance in consistence with Amref health Africa strategic priorities; and ensure its alignment to Tanzanian National M&E frameworks and health management ,information system, Also, to provide technical support and analytical strategic guidance to Amref Health Africa – Tanzania in developing and implementing Amref health Africa’s global management information systems, and ensuring a close fit between Amref Health Africa’s M&E systems and the needs of country and programme leadership, Manage and spearhead development of research protocols within Amref or with partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
• Take full charge in identification of strategic information from Amref Health Africa interventions, its analysis and packaging for strategic functions as well as aligning with national indicators and work with the M&E lead at Amref Health Africa HQ in supporting Amref Health Africa’s global M&E systems to ensure information alignment.
• Develop, manage and coordinate an effective and efficient county-level results-based monitoring and evaluation system for Amref Health Africa – Tanzania
• Provide technical supervision, standard guide and support to technical and M&E staff in developing objective, practical, specific and cost-effective performance indicators for results measurements, performance reports and related on-line databases and ensure state-of-the-art M&E system support and its link to global Amref Health Africa M&Esystem.
• Monitor health-related global and national trends to inform programme development processes including reviews and in writing new proposals and actively participate in documentation of best practices and success stories across Amref Health Africa.
• Provide technical backstopping in the monitoring and evaluation system in all Amref Health Africa areas of operations and work with technical staff to plan and implement project evaluations including design of special studies to measure impact and cost of Amref Health Africa projects.
• Actively participate in proposal writing processes ensuring quality of M&E frameworks and plans of proposals submitted for funding and maintain appropriate programme databases including proposals and donors.
• Work with HOP in managing reporting calendar including compiling and reviewing of I quarterly and annual country programme reports for Amref Health Africa, key I stakeholders and donors.
• Lead the designing and implementation of operational researches and evaluation i:e:- protocol writing, data collection and analysis and coordinate the writing process research reports and/or manuscripts including submission of Am ref staff manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals
• Facilitate identification of external consultants to conduct baseline, mid-term and end of project researches for various projects.
• Coordinate Am ref Health Africa Institutional Review Board meetings and monitoring activities
• Submit and present abstracts in local and international conferences
• Write and share policy briefs and fact sheets emanating from the research findings
• Plan and conduct dissemination meetings with different stakeholders including government donors, and partner organizations to share researches findings
• Establish and maintain ‘collaborations with local and international universities and research institutions
• Support the management to identify resources to expand the research portfolio within the country office, including participation in proposal writing
• Share with Program Technical Team topical evidence to inform programme development including summarized papers, factsheets
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE;-
• Masters degree in Public Health; Economics; Biostatics; Epidemiology or related field. PhD is an added advantage.
• Satisfactory exposure in managing Results-based monitoring and evaluation systems
• Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• Sound computer knowledge, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and statistical applications (e.g. STATA, EPl lnfo and SPSS Etc).
• Understanding and some familiarity with database structures and data management.
• Proven abilities in conducting operations research and impact assessments
• At least 5 years of “hands on experience” at a senior position in M & E esp. in NGOs active in health development.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
• Proven ability to manage the use of M&E resources
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criterial given above and interested in the vacancies please send an applications letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present employer and position daytime telephone contact names and address of 2 referees to be considered your application must be received by 7 December 2017 to: Email: email@example.com
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply