We are seeking for a qualified and experienced Procurement Officer to replace a vacancy in our procurement department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager and working closely with other executives within the orqanizaticn, the expected deliverables would include:
• Receives, reviews and approves IPRs within authority limits.
• Gets approval from Section Managers and MD for IPRs above authority.
• Prepare annual procurement plan and monitor its execution.
• Coordinate purchases for major expenditure through tender board.
• Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
• Ensures that IPRs are promptly issued for goods and services and LPOj• FPOs are approved.
• Follow up and ensures .that goods and services ordered are actually delivered as per specifications.
• Monitor consumption, stock and re-order level.
• Ensure that all returns, printed waste, miscellaneous disposable assets and materials are sold in accordance with the approved procedure.
• Liaise with user departments to ensure that all office utilities are readily available and cost effectively used.
• Monitors all insurance matters to ensure adequate cover, settlement of claims and update records.
• Perform annual supplier’s evaluation and communicate feedback for improvements.
• Manage supplier relationship
Qualifications and Experience:
• Academic – Basic University Degree in Procurement and Supplies from Reputable Institution.
• Professional – Accredited certification of Procurement.
• Experience: 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
• High degree of integrity and honesty;
• Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module will be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by December 1,2017 to;
Human Resources Manager,
Mwananchi Communications Ltd,
P. O. Box 19754, Dar es Salaam.
⦁ Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
⦁ MCL is an equal opportunity employer.