• 5-7 years of field experience in international development programs; previous working experience in SSA region desirable
• 2-3 years of senior-level leadership, capacity building and field management experience.
• Proven skills in finance and grant management; prior experience with USG donors (USAID, USDA, etc.) desired
• Effective communication and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written English skills; Swahili language skills are relevant, but not required.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program goals and objectives and contribute to the PCI Tanzania Country Strategy.
• Create opportunities for PCI Tanzania to provide leadership at regional and national levels in Tanzania, and speak into national-level policies and policy discussions.
• Bring innovation into program design and implementation, ensuring diversity of modalities and promotion of active learning and iteration to improve program quality and effectiveness.
• Integrate PCI Strategic Direction priorities into program design and implementation.
• Oversee ongoing program management by Program Managers and overall administration of program teams.
• Coordinate and direct program planning processes to ensure integration of programs, proper understanding of program goals and objectives, and engagement and buy-in of key stakeholders.
• Develop and oversee program implementation strategies, including partnership frameworks, protocols and agreements, and capacity building of partners as potentially identified through PCI’s I-STAR methodology.
• Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities, authorities and partners and consistent with PCI program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan.
• Integrate sustainability, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate
• In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation department, ensure that Program Managers have access to and are appropriately using routine monitoring and periodic assessment / survey data.
• Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to achieve the desired impact
• Draft and/or review scopes of work to hire and manage technical consultants, including review for technical capacities and contract budgets
• Lead the program team in implementation of all Tanzania programs.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect in which team members strive to achieve excellence, and look for ways to complement and contribute to each other’s efforts.
• Ensure program integration both within and between different programs to arrive at a holistic, coordinated approach at the community level.
• Work closely with the HR department to hire, orient and supervise new team members as necessary
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews and follow-up on annual performance objectives and plans.
• Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance, look for ways to innovate, and reach objectives
• Contribute to country team-building and staff development efforts, and support the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
• Ensure program staff compliance with the PCI Tanzania security plan and related procedures.
Financial Management and Compliance
• Support and maintain systems to ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources and timely, accurate and informative reporting in compliance with donor regulations and PCI policies and procedures
• Support Program Managers in effective budget management, including accurate spending forecasts, expense monitoring, etc.
• Review and approve activity plans or monthly spending projections, according to project budgets and annual spending projections.
• Support and where possible, improve operational systems and structures to ensure effective administrative and logistics support for programs
• Manage program budgets
• Represent PCI Tanzania programs in various forums (meetings, conferences, etc.) and during partner and donor representative in-country visits.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts including National-level Tanzanian government officials, donor representatives, INGO and national NGO representatives, and relevant UN agency representatives.
• Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with sub-grantees, local government authorities and other stakeholders
• Lead by example and consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances
• Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity
• Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.pciglobal.org and click on the “Careers” link under the about us tab. This will take you to PCI’s Career Portal Click on the employment opportunities tab and then click on search Current Opening s to find and apply for either of these open positions with PCI Tanzania