Tanzania Investment Centre invites applications from competent and experienced Tanzanian to fill the position of a Project Manager.The project manager will work under the supervision of the Project Director. The project Manager will be responsible for:
• Create a detailed plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Assist in the analysis of all data, documents in the procedures a ,plica. e to investors (local and foreign) and propose simplification measures
• Assist in the study of existing systems used by institutions involved in delivering investment incentives
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
• Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
• Determine the ‘objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
• Execute the project according to the project plan
• Develop forms and records to document project activities
• Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
• Supervise consultants and project staff and review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
• Organize meetings with key stakeholders, namely to ensure implementation of technical solutions to simplify and automate administrative procedures
• To supervise, re-organization and transformation of One-Stop Shop to accommodate front and back open office environment.
• Furnish One-Stop Shop front and back office using open office environment.
• Write reports on the project for management and for funders
• Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
• With collaboration with Director of finance Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase ‘
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Graduate of a higher learning institution with a Bachelor degree or Masters (as added advantages) Computer Science, Business with IT, Business Administration ,Computer Engineering,
• Proven expertise as team or project manager with at least 5 years of planning and/or project management experience, preferably in fields dealing with promotion or facilitation of private sector/enterprise development and/or Government.
• Experience working on the business and administrative environment of Tanzania preferable
• Result driven, hard worker and team player
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Excellent analytical, presentation and writing skills
• Supervision of construction work will be an added advantage
• Project management experience.
• Public sector reform experience. ,
• BPA/BPR and IT system development experience.
• Business facilitation and / or private sector experience.
• Must be a Tanzanian.
KEY ATTRIBUITE AND OTHER SKILLS.
• Result driven, hard worker
• Team player
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• MS Office skill .
• Presentation and-report-writinq skills.
• Project Managers usually work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non standard workplaces.
• Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
In case the work requires travel, the manager will be treated according to TIC standards.
The interested candidate should submit a letter of application and a CV by 25th of May, 2015 at 4 pm in a sealed envelope to the
Tanzania Investment Centre,
P.O. Box 938,
Dar es Salaam.
It should also be sent to Email; firstname.lastname@example.org before deadline
Source; Daily News 11th May 2015