The Mobilizing for Maternal Health – Phase 2 (MMH -2) is a four-year program implemented by a consortium led by Touch Foundation, with Pathfinder being a key technical partner. The program objective is to drastically decrease maternal and newborn mortality in Shinyanga region through the expansion of cost-effective intervention proven during the MMH Phase 1 in Sengerema, Buchosa and Shinyanga District Councils. The program will be implemented at community, health facility and district levels and will address critical barriers on both the supply and demand side of the health system which lead to morbidity and mortality by delaying women from accessing BEmONC and CEmONC services during the perinatal period.
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe post-abortion care and MNCH services, advocate for sound reproductive health policies and improve the rights and lives of the people. Pathfinder works with government authorities and communities to build sustainable systems for lasting impact. Pathfinder is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven public health specialist to join a dynamic team and support implementation of MMH-2.
The Program Manager will have extensive experience in managing MNCH interventions and will bring technical expertise to support effective delivery of program results. S/he will be responsible for effective project management and will be accountable to the Regional Manager.
Key tasks will include driving the execution of program activities on the ground, ensuring coherence of activities across the partnership and ensuring technical soundness of health interventions. S/he will guide the consortium’s effort to establish a functional emergency transport (referral) ‘system, capacity building, BEmONC and CEmONC activities. S/he will be a core member of the consortium and will mobilize and collaborate with Local Government Authorities at all levels, CHWs, community women’s groups and communities at large.
• MD or AMO with post-graduate qualifications in public health or related fields
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing MNCH projects with at least 3 years of experience providing technical assistance to facilities on BEmONC and CEmONC
• Demonstrated experience in project management. Excellent knowledge of the project management cycle, knowledge of community – based programing, experience of coordinating multiple partners
• Demonstrated experience of working in consortiums, where people from different organizations contribute diverse skills and expertise and work together in harmony to advance a common goal.
• Demonstrated management skills working with complex programs involving short deadlines, multiple tasks, intense pressure to perform
• Excellent negotiation skills, good writing skills, people skills, experience of working in matrix organization
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on October 20,2017 .
Applications should be addressed to
The Associate Director for Human Resources and Administration.
PO Box 77991,
Dar es Salaam or
sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com
stating the position being applied for in the subject line,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.