To provide logistical and administrative Support in the Management of Protocol and Conference Functions of the EAC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitate EAC Dignitaries and Visitors with the necessary facilities and appropriate Protocols; and liaise with relevant authorities in the Partner States on Protocol Arrangements at all EAC Meetings and other Activities;
2. Facilitate the processes of Accreditation, Visas, Resident/Work Permits, etc, with the relevant Ministry;
3. Update and maintain the weekly Conference/Meetings Schedule Registry;
4. Prepare Billing Schedules and present to Desk Officers for verification;
5. Facilitate preparation of Information Guidelines for delegates to EAC Meetings and other Activities;
6. Facilitate preparation of Conference Badges and liaise with Security Section to facilitate the process of Accreditation, in accordance with Policy Guidelines;
7. Make available and ensure that essential name plates for EAC Organs, Member States and others delegates are sufficiently available and ensure that accreditation and seating plans for the delegates are in order;
8. Avail and ensure that Mast Flags and Desk Flag of Member states are correctly used at appropriate places;
9. Organize official luncheons, cocktails and other ceremonial Activities; and facilitate printing and distribution of the invitation cards as deemed necessary;
10. Liaise with Protocol Officers in the Partner States on issues of common nature regarding Protocol Matters-i.e Renewal of IDs, Passports, etc.;
11. Perform any other additional duties as may be assigned by Management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
(i) Bachelor’s degree of Arts, Business Administration, Institutional management, Diplomacy, International Relations or equivalent;
ii) Minimum five (5) years of relevant practical experience in the field of Administration, conferencing, facility management of clubs, hotels or equivalent management experience in other business fields. Experience working at an International level will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Excellent interpersonal, customer service, report wiring, negotiation and analytical skills, ability to work as a team member, proficiency in the use of computers, particularly MS.Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and communication skills. The ideal candidate must prove demonstrable ability to work under intense pressure, provide excellent and manage diversity.
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Five (5) years, renewable once.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Professional staff positions are tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once, while general staff positions are tenable for five (5) years renewable until mandatory retirement age of 60 years subject satisfactory conduct and performance.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
All posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognised by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective countries. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective countries. Examples include: Accountants, Auditors, Engineers, Procurement Specialists, and Medical Personnel.
RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE
Relevant working experience in this regard refers to post education work experience. Internship, training, apprenticeship and clerkship will not be considered as relevant work experience. The same will apply for any experience attained before professional certification where relevant.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees. Please quote the respective reference number on both on the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday, 6th April 2015.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited 10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue: P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.deloitte.com