Job no: 510778
Position type: Fixed Term Staff
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
School/Unit: United Republic of Tanzania
Department/Office: Dar Es Salaam, United Rep. of Tanzania
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, P-3
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships, the post has responsibilities as follows:
1. Responsible for development of Country Office resource mobilization strategy and tracking of resource mobilization efforts of programme sections;
2. Responsible for all aspects of donor reporting based on information gathered from programme sections and zonal offices;
3. Responsible for monitoring the schedule of reports, based on information consolidated by the Programme Officers/Specialists particularly as they relate to donor relations;
4. Ensures the timely preparation and dissemination of other mandatory and special reports, as well as briefing documents and corporate publications relating to programme activities in support of the UNICEF mission in the country;
5. Provides direct interface between PFP, and Brussels with regards to donor relations and follow-up action;
6. Responsible for all donor relations with National Committees and bilateral donors;
7. Manages donor communication and other needs such as field visits, development of communication products etc.
8. Ensures adequate knowledge management support to the Country Management Team for monitoring resource mobilization efforts.
9. Develops a robust database and donor intelligence to support the Country Management team in donor engagement.
10. Contributes to resource mobilization tasks of the UNCT within the “Delivering as One” framework.
To qualify as a/an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Political Science, Social Studies, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area combined with advanced university degree in a related discipline. Knowledge of quantitative methods and Information Management an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in funds management, reporting or information management; two (2) years of which should be in developing countries.
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are analyzing, formulating strategies and concept, setting standards, planning and organizing, relating and networking, judgment, and persuading and influencing.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Feb 09 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: Feb 25 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
Please click here to Apply Online