REF. NO. 01
• Grid System monitoring to ensure that a continuous and reliable flow of electric power supply from generating plants to various places of grid destination and distribution points are maintained.
• Collect all necessary initial technical data in the daily log sheets and defect register book.
• Issue permits to work, limitation of access, sanction of test after proper Isolation of equipment at switch yard before people start working to ensure highest safety standards are observed and maintained all the times in order to preserve life and property.
• Maintain close liaison with Grid Control Centre (SCADA), Generating plants stations and other grid substation Operators to ensure smooth restoration of power supply in case of System power failure.
• Report a day recorded shift events to System control Supervisor to ensure the higher authority get informed for record and action.
PROFESSIONAL AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• FTC in Electrical Engineering or holder of (Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering) NTA level 6 from a recognized Institute OR
• Relevant Technical Vocational Training (Trade Test) from recognized Vocational Training Institutions.
• Working experience will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work outside normal hours, weekends and holidays to support “24/7” real time operations.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to successful candidates. All positions’ terms of employment are performance based contracts.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a Tanzanian National and interested in the position you should apply by sending an application letter, giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two (02) work references. Application letters should be marked ‘’Private and Confidential addressed to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK
P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM