1. Perform routine inspection of the building including but not limited to roofs, gutters,
floor, drains, etc., to determine their conditions and needs for preventive or corrective
2. Perform plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing and painting work to maintain operational
condition of buildings.
3. Ensure the warehouse facilities and buildings are in compliance with OSHA and other
regulatory guidelines and safety regulations.
4. Participate in preparation of the building infrastructures maintenance budgets and
monitor their expenditures
5. Prepare requisitions for building maintenance supplies, material and equipment,
monitor inventory; load and unload supplies.
6. Prepare cost estimates for maintenance activities, maintain maintenance records and
7. Repair locking systems on doors, files cabinets and lockers.
8. Suggest spare parts and service parts that should be on hand, as needed, to perform
basic maintenance procedures.
9. Perform various basic maintenance procedures on buildings and related items as will
be instructed to do so.
Full technician certificate (FTC) from recognized institution, other technical/professional
qualifications such as Engineering Technician Level I (ETI) will be an added advantage
Not less than 2 years working experience
Knowledge on Methods and principles of general building maintenance.
carpentry, plumbing, painting (skills).
contract administration skills.
Knowledge on Locksmithing and building locking and security systems.
Knowledge on Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The position attracts permanent and pensionable contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of the above position should send their
application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names
and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs, and copies of their
certificates to the address below not later than November 6, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will
All applications should be sent by post, courier, or delivered to:
Medical Stores Department,
Dar es Salaam.
MSD is an equal opportunity employer, women as well as people with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Note: This advertisement is also available in MSD website: www.msd.go.tz