The incumbent will be responsible for providing patients with medications as prescribed by medical doctors, advising patients the correct administration and dosages of these medications and to record all medication/patient transactions in DCMC patient management software. The incumbent will provide patients with knowledge and expertise on medications and advise them on any query they have. To interact and communicate with our doctors and medical professionals to provide the best possible medical and financial solutions for the patients
• To dispense medications according to the doctor’s prescription, within the hospital patient management software and to record all transactions diligently
• To meet and greet patients in a professional and friendly manner, assisting them in understanding their prescriptions and the procedure for payment through reception
• To assist in control of all pharmaceutical stock and equipment, inventory control, receive deliveries and place purchases, keep the pharmacy clean and tidy, as and when requested
• To deal with pharmaceutical production
• To Maintain pharmacy’s safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
• To dispense and assist the pharmacist in drug store procedures
• To keep routine records of drugs and hospital materials
• To ensure that drugs are arranged in an orderly manner
• To calculate costs of each prescription and record the sale registers.
• To file all prescription orders for dispensing
• To coordinate with doctors and nursing staff on the medications and treatments available and that everyone has knowledge of what is currently available, or not available.
To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Holder of a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution
Must be registered with Pharmacy Council of Tanzania as Pharmaceutical Technician
• Ability to relate and treat all patients with a level of care and compassion whilst maintaining a professional relationship, not generating any complaints.
• Ability of processing and authorizing of credit patients, ensuring all patient details are recorded in the file and on the form correctly, ensuring the doctor has filled the form correctly, ensuring the patient has signed the form, ensuring all services have been recorded correctly. Not generating any payment rejections.
• Ability to maintain an organized pharmacy and serving area, recording all transactions correctly, relating back to the doctor for any errors.
Job Code: DCMC HQ 011008
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org