Main function of the job
To coordinate the planning of strategic activities, and to link the Authority with parent Ministry and stakeholders
Duties and responsibilities
1. To advise the Director General on all matters related to corporate planning.
2. To develop and coordinate TCAA Strategic Plan and ensure its effective implementation
3. To coordinate preparation of Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks, Annual Budgets and Action Plans and monitor their implementation
4. To develop and update Corporate Risk Management Frame work and Risk Register
5. To Liaise with Government Ministries and Departments, Treasury Registrar and other stakeholders on all issues concerning Planning, Budgeting, Reporting and Information sharing
6. To prepare performance and various reports and coordinate their dissemination
7. To review and evaluate Divisional, Sections and Units Reports on plan performance
8. To determine training requirements for planning unit personnel
9. To perform and advise on general Projects’ Planning and Management to ensure effective implementation of TCAA projects
10. To develop strategies for resource mobilization
11. To prepare plans and project documents for submission to stakeholders.
12. To prepare and manage budget for the Planning Unit
13. To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Director General
Holder of a Bachelor degree in Economics or Transport Management from a recognized Higher Learning Institution. Master Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
At least 11 (eleven) years experience in a reputable organizations of which should be in a senior position
Salary: According to TCAA Salary Structure.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Successful candidates will be appointed initially on one year probation period and thereafter if successful on unspecified period contract depending on the age of the employee.
• Legal Requirement: All employees of the Authority are required to observe the TCAA Code of Conduct.
• Other terms and conditions of service are as promulgated in the TCAA Staff Rules.
• TCAA is an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply
• Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet their own costs of travel, accommodation and other matters in relation to the interview.
Mode of Application
• Application letters should be accompanied with the following and send to the address below:
• Updated Curriculum vitae
• Copies of certificates including birth certificate,
• Contact address of candidates including telephone number(s) and email addresses if any
• Names and contact address of two referees, one referee should be work related from the current employer and,
• Applied post should be clearly marked on top of the envelope and sent to the address below.
Deadline for submission of application letters is 4 December, 2017
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority,
Nyerere/Kitunda Road Junction,
P.O. Box 2819,
DAR ES SALAAM