Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer with a dotted reporting line to the Geographic Service Team (GST) Head, the Finance Administrator is responsible for providing finance administrative support to the GST/Regional Head and staff. S/he will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development and monitoring of budgets, liaising with Finance and the GST Head to support timely preparation of income statements, balance sheets, financial summaries and forecasts. The position is open to Tanzania nationals and will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
I. Lead in the provision of financial management function in the GST and supervise day-to-day financial operations in the countries;
II. Lead in budgeting process for all the countries under the GST;
III. Monitor all GST and country budgets and ensure monthly preparation of management reports and financial analysis for country and GST Management including regular financial returns to HQ;
IV. Support in budgeting for donor proposals and ensure accurate and timely donor reports.
V. Ensure robust cash flows management for all the offices;
VI. Support the streamlining of processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems within the assigned GST;
VII. Ensure all timely payments and expenses that are in line with policy and identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues for the GST;
VIII. Ensure accuracy of billing and invoicing from for hosted in line with the hosting agreements and ensure regular reconciliation with the host organizations
IX. Ensure accuracy recording of financial information in the general and subsidiary ledgers in a timely manner and regular reconciliation of bank, cash, payables and receivables and timely follow up of outstanding items.
X. Ensure that all relevant financial documents are maintained securely
XI. Provide oversight of all the banking relationships in countries and ensure bank reconciliations are done in a timely manner.
XII. Lead in the preparation of Financial statements and statutory audits and submissions for countries in the GST as well as support grantee and program audits
XIII. Provide oversight on tax and other statutory compliance and work with the legal department to ensure that necessary statutory requirements in the countries are met.
XIV. Develop and maintain financial analysis and reporting activities for assigned GST
XV. Prepare finance reports and account reconciliation reports according to company policies on periodic basis
XVI. Ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers
XVII. Support the GST in the preparation of tax documents for timely filing of company tax
XVIII. Prepare and adjust finance journal entries as required by assigned GST
XIX. Assist in managing account payables and receivables activities for the GST.
XX. Support the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested.
XXI. Coordinate with finance and HR teams in preparation of financial reports and statements for assigned GST.
XXII. Support the administration of all payroll activities as well as oversee vendor payments etc
XXIII. Reconcile GST monthly general ledger balance, invoices and credit card statements
XXIV. Maintain all GST financial records and files as per the company policies
XXV. Assist GST in setting and managing budgets
XXVI. Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues for the GST
XXVII. Manage all bill payments and customer invoicing as per the deadlines with the GST
XXVIII. Support the streamlining of processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems within the assigned GST
Key Qualifications and Experience required
1. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience
2. An MBA in any relevant field a strong added advantage
3. CPA certification
4. At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring
5. Knowledge of global, country/government accounting standards
6. Strong analytical, data mining ability
7. Understanding of auditing techniques to help ensure GST financial operations remain in compliance.
8. Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations and reporting software
9. Ability to work independently in a diverse environment
10. Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
11. Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with Finance regulations and reporting standards and requirements
12. Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
13. Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards
14. Proven leadership ability to develop, and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach
15. Deep understanding of the Financial environment within which AGRA is operating
16. Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands on approach
17. Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability
18. Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
19. Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
20. Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number.
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 25th July 2017.
For more information on AGRA, please can visit www.agra.org