• To create effective communication strategy
• To coordinate internal and external communication flow eg newsletters,
• To coordinate all editorial team meetings
• To design sketches of mass media announcement
• To write content for website and social media
• To communicate with media regularly (journalist)
• To manage media inquiry
• To ensure Compliance with laws
• To insure all the social media accounts are active and up to date
• To build long term relationship with influencers and key stakeholders
• To review reported news on issues regarding our target group situation in Tanzania
• To collect and file reports and contacts formed from various events
• To foster relationship with media houses and journalist
• To conduct research and data collection to support advocacy work.
• To perform any other duty under communications/assigned by supervisor
Reporting directly to Program Officer – Advocacy and Communications
• A minimum of 1 year of experience as a media or communication person. Experience of working with donor funded projects will have an added advantage
• Must have a Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely related discipline, preferably specialization on media engagements
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English, including strong writing skills
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proven writing, editing, design, videography, or photography skills will be added advantages
Compensation and benefits:
Volunteer will get monthly stipend to facilitate transport and communications.
This is a full-time volunteer position for 4 months, with a possibility of renewal depending on the needs of the organization and performance of the incumbent.
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Communications Person by COB 4th September 2020
Selected candidates must be ready to attend the interview between 8th and 10th September 2020.