RESPONSIBILITIES AND A CCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist in standardizing all existing products and templates such as info sheets, presentation, reports.
2. Assist in the layout of reports, information sheets, and other publication materials.
3. Develop communication material and support internal and external communication.
4. Contribute to website makeover and content upgrade.
5. Assist in building / reorganizing a virtual library for the Centre.
6. Perform such other duties as may be required;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization’s rules and regulations as they pertain to the incumbent’s area of responsibility.
• Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills. Working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and counterparts from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
• Planning and Organizing: Using time efficiently. Ability to prioritize assignments, allocate appropriate time for completing work and meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure and handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Self-driven, inventive, innovative, collegial, committed, efficient, accurate and prompt.
• Commitment to Continuous Learning: Initiative and willingness to learn new skills.
• Technological Awareness: Excellent computer skills; knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of public information products software an asset.
• Trust: Reputation for dealing honestly and openly with staff. Respected by peers, clients and staff
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, political science, or international relations or related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, good editing skills.
• Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office.
• Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili Languages
Female Applicants are encouraged to apply
• Knowledge of French Language
Method of Application
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email@example.com Or send applications to the address below.
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is only open for Tanzanian nationals.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/iom-tanzania
OR DOWNLOAD Intern – Media and Communication Assistant JOB DESCRIPTIONS
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’’
Deadline: 3rd November 2020