Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017-2021). In line with this expansion, the company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs.
Motor Transport Officer
Location – Dar es Salaam .
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be responsible for planning and budgeting of motor vehicle fleet utilization and replacement. Preparation of flight crew transportation roster.
• Determine transport requirements from other Directorates or Units and schedule transport services to meet them.
• Monitor the fleet management system and recommend proper action.
• Ensure motor vehicle insurance covers are up to date.
• Ensure other motor vehicle statutory dues are paid on time to avoid legal repercussions.
• Ensure Vehicle Log Books are properly recorded by every Driver and reported issues are addressed on time.
• Keep Drivers Licenses records and ensuring that they are always valid.
Vehicle Maintenance and Services
• Oversee regular inspection of motor vehicle and maintenance. Ensure motor vehicles’ schedule of maintenance are properly complied.
• Ensure records of all transactions with regard to ATCL motor vehicle are submitted to the ATCL Registry for filing.
• Report to Supervisor all motor vehicle accidents whenever they occur and liaise with Traffic Officer and Insurance for compensation.
• Ensure cost efficient operation of the fleet.
• Ensure that Drivers conduct in a way as provided in the ATCL HR Policy and guidelines of the ATCL Fleet Management Policy.
• Review Fleet Management System reports to ascertain Drivers behaviour while at work and initiating action.
• Conducting regular Drivers’ meetings and address issues to the Supervisor for further action.
• Follow up and provide guidance to the Drivers while at work.
• Ensure Drivers entitlements which are linked to the operations are prepared on time and submitted to the relevant authority for processing.
• Preparation of fuel consumption report and initiating payment to the fuel supplier.
• Review of fuel consumption reports and provide recommendations. Supervisedrivers on better practices of minimizing fuel consumption
The following are the qualifications for aspired candidates: –
• Must have Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications.
• Must have valid Driving Licence.
• Must have experience of at least three (3) years in the field.
Method of Application
Interested applicants must submit a fully signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline: 31st August, 2020.