• Licenced / certified Jumbo Operator
• Training certificate / Experience – Preferred
• Extensive experience (8 -10years) working as Jumbo Operator.
• Knowledge of Underground Mining practices and the efficient operations of an Underground Jumbo
• Ability to work autonomously/ independently with limited supervision
• Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
Purpose of the Role:
The role focusses on providing specialist support to underground mining including training and coaching of junior Jumbo operators. Incumbent shall ensure drive drill patterns are drilled using a mechanised electric/ Hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction. As experienced Jumbo Specialist, to ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior operators following the set development plans.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
• Execute AGA Safety practices required for the task.
• Identify, understand and address safety hazards and risks related to the task.
• Determine what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task and help others to work safely.
• Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to Supervisor.
• Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company Safety Vision & Values and work within prescribed boundaries.
• Promptly report all injuries, illnesses and incidents.
• Suggest ways of improving Safety performance within Geology department.
• Speak up if he/she thinks that the task cannot be done safely and courage to talk to Supervisor he/she thinks of being unable to work at his/her best.
• Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified and mitigation plans to put in place
TRAINING & SKILLS TRANSFER
• Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior operators following the set development plans
• To train and coach new and existing Jumbo Operators and Jumbo Offsiders and grow their ability to function optimally under all underground mining conditions
• Review and modify training development plans for identified national successors and provide regular feedback on their progress
• Prepare bi -annual training report on the progress of the identified national successors on- the – job development
• Analyse and Identify key skills & knowledge required by all team members in order to carry out their roles effectively and safely.
TECHNICAL / PRODUCTION
• Accurately drill a number of drive drill patterns using a mechanised electric /Hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
• Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirement
• Read and accurately follow mining instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile
• Optimise drill patterns to ensure maximum advance per round is achieved whilst maintaining strict adherence to design specifications
• Communicate with training department, surveyors, geologists and engineers as required
• Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area
• Worked in highly mechanised Underground operations.
• Valid Tanzanian Driving licence with Underground driving experience
• Blasting Certificate
• The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected.
• The ability to handle conflict resolution.
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• The ability to work and communicate with people at all levels/good interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Specialist 1- Equipment Jumbo Driller and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior Supervisor Technical. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 5th October 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.