· Relevant IT Degree or Advanced Diploma – Information Systems
· CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional – Routing and Switching or equivalent
· Fortinet NSE3/4 or Sophos Certified Engineer – XG Firewalls or Yeastar will be an added advantage
CERTIFICATIONS MUST STILL BE VALID
Skills & Experience
· 2 – 3 years of customer support and incident resolution within a Network service provider.
· 2 – 3 years’ experience in Troubleshooting firewalls, routers and switches.
· 2 – 3 years’ experience with configuring switches and routers
· 1 – 2 years Network Monitoring
· Familiar with routing protocols e.g. RIP, BGP
· Have the experience of dealing with the pressures that Corporate Customers bring
· Configuration of OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, TE protocols
· Cisco Internetworking Operating Systems: IOS / IOS XR / NX OS
· Cisco switching, Firewalls, wireless and collaboration
· TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Subnetting, IPv4, IPv6, VPNv4
· Routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS, MP-BGP, MPLS
· VLANs, switch access, IDS, IPS
· LAN Technologies – VLANS, STP, VTP, Port Security, PBR (Policy Based Routing)
· VPN: GRE / IPSec / DMVPN / MPLS / VRFs/ LDP/RSVP-TE/ L2 VPNs
· Network monitoring – NETFLOW, SNMP, IPSLA
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The key function of this role is to receive, manage and resolve Customer queries which are already logged with the Support Desk.
· Perform monitoring of Customer networks and log necessary faults with 3rd party suppliers.
· Network project deployments
· Pre-sales and consultancy support for Network solutions
· Ability to resolve issues by configuring and troubleshooting network deployments.
· This requires the ability to quickly understand our Customers network, do in-depth analysis and ultimately resolve the issue which may require remotely logging on to the Customers device and performing the necessary changes.
· Perform monitoring with subsequent escalation to support staff, however we require them to troubleshoot and resolve Customer queries too.
· Motivated Network Engineer
· Organizational Skills
· Team Player
· Ability to work under minimum supervision
· Ability to work outside normal working hours
· CCNP, NSE4
· Cisco, Fortinet, Sophos, Aruba, Yeastar, Checkpoint, Arista, Solarwinds
· Routing and Switching
· Firewalls and UTMs
· IP PBXs
· Network Monitoring tools
· Customer Support
Desired Work Experience:
· 3 to 4 years
Method of Application
Please send your CV’s to
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: “Application for Network Engineer Position”.
Email Content: Brief Cover letter.
Must submit a resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation at the time of interview