Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates the water pumps according to agreed schedules and ensures that the right
• Monitors water level in the storage water tanks/dam.
• Carries out service and maintenance of water pumps, dosing pumps, water filters and gate valves.
• Monitors availability of electricity and record on electricity power failure.
• Ensures that the required dosage of chlorine/chemicals is administered according to the required standards.
• Ensures cleanliness of water pumps, pump house dam and surroundings
• Maintains records of plants and pump performance and reports any breakdowns immediately.
• Records the amount of pumped water at established time intervals.
• Makes meter reading of electricity consumption at established time intervals.
• Records pressure gauge performance at established intervals.
• Makes rain gauge readings at established time intervals.
• Keeps in safe custody water treatment chemicals and reagents.
• Advises on the stock level of chemicals.
• Develops individual performance objectives, targets and standards in consultation with the immediate superior as part of performance agreement
Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale: MOWAS 2 as per MORUWASA Scheme of Service
• All applicants must be aged between 18 to 44 years old.
• All employed Applicants must apply through their employers.
• With a covering letter. Applicants must attach an updated CV. all relevant academic Certificates, Birth Certificate and two recent colored passport sized photos.
• All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters not later than 23rd July, 2019.
How to Apply
All Applications must be sent through physical delivery or through the Postal Address below: Managing Director, Morogoro Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA), P.O.BOX 5476, MOROGORO