· Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF’s protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols.
Be responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in Dar Es Salaam in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program.
Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of the medical activities.
Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with protocols and standards.
Plans and supervises, in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
Supervises an efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department and project biomedical service and in consideration of program directions and protocol changes.
· Implements the health policy for international and national staff.
Provide guidance to the managerial team, set objectives and ensure active role of the managers to meet them.
Follow up and monitor the quality of the pharmacy management. The PMR being the final responsible for the pharmacy management in the project.
Active engagement with the local medical authorities, partners and stakeholders, participation to the relevant meetings, reporting on major topics and ensure memory of the meetings (logbook).
In collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the Deputy Medical Coordinator monitor the epidemiological situation and implement the necessary preventive and protective measures in the project.
Be responsible for the organization and follow up of patients referred to other health structures.
· Support and coordinate the movements of laboratory samples to different laboratories in other regions.
Main skills and knowledge:
· Strategical thinking, leadership (capacity to federate a multi-disciplinary team around the objectives of the project), people management, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation, networking, building relation, sense of confidentiality and adhesion to MSF principles.
· Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) essential.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Medical doctor or paramedical degree.
· Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies.
Essential 2 years working experience related to a senior managerial position in a clinical structure and preferable previous working experience with MSF in the field.
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
· Ethical adhesion to MSF charter
· Daily work with international and diverse team members
· Condition: Local contract under Tanzanian Labour Law and application of approved salary grid. No accommodation / allowances provided.
Method of Application
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 27/06/2021
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.