The role of the Project Coordinator is to support the Program manager and team members in daily operating duties whilst working together towards long-term goals and strategies. This will support the project to become more sustainable and assist the women involved to become more independent and empowered.
· Gain thorough understanding of current status of the project and plan with the team on appropriate strategies and objectives
· Work with team to review Establish a strategy with the leaders to increase membership and attract active members
· Create W.E. Grow/empowerment related and implement curriculum that covers: conflict resolution, empowerment concepts, leadership, and group communication
· Prepare curriculum + activities necessary to conduct and clarify to reach the objective
· Ensure to collect data and review M&E system and survey – content and methodology, research and develop tools required for projects
· Develop and implement gender policy within the organization
· Support the Program Manager in areas necessary
· Build databases and gather relevant information
· Support communication of TATU goals with the community members and vice versa
· Assist in budgeting and accounting of projects
· Develop social media content to promote project initiatives
· For more information please refer to www.tatuproject.org
It is essential for you to have:
· An undergrad degree in either International Development, International Relations, Community Development, Gender Studies, Women’s Studies or a relevant degree
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proven time management skills
· Innovative and analytical thinker, with an ability to find solutions to complex problems whilst incorporating the values of the organization
· Cultural sensitivity
· Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
· A proficient level of English skills, writing and oral
· Passion and values that align with TATU Project
It is desirable for you to have:
· Experience working/volunteering and living overseas, preferably in a developing country
· Experience working/volunteering with a NGO
· Experience in project coordination
· A good of grasp of accounting and finance concepts
· Computer literate across MS office applications
· The volunteer position is UNPAID.
· The minimum time commitment is 3 months, but there are opportunities to extend on mutual agreement
· VISA, flights and health insurance are not included
· The volunteer house and office is located in Moshi, Tanzania
· The working week will mainly consist of office hours with one or two days working on the field
Men/Boys are encouraged to apply
Details at a glance
Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO.
Conduct field work supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands on experience
Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability and international development.
Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
· A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
Method of Application
Please apply by sending with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “W.E. Grow Coordinator Application from Idealist. Start Date September 1, 2020 End Date November 27, 2020 Application Deadline August 28, 2020 Hours Per Week Full Time