As a social worker, you will work in a variety of settings within a framework of relevant legislation and procedures, supporting children, families, and groups within the local communities under. The Home-Based Care program and At the orphanage. You may work in homes or schools, hospitals and most of the time at Amani Orphans Home Mbigili.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
• Children under AOHM Care program
• Central and Local Government authorities
• Schools, Hospitals, Neema Reha, Community leaders
• Police Children and Gender Desk
• The project manager
• Other Non-Government Organizations in the region dealing with children
• AOHM Management team
• Sponsors, teachers, and volunteers.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
This position will require you to work with Children at the orphanage and their families. You might also work with the following groups:
• The elderly
• people with health conditions
• school dropouts and non-attenders
• Children in need of Psychological support
THESE TASKS TYPICALLY INVOLVE:
• conducting and documenting interviews with individual children and families to assess and review their situation
• Identify the needs of the most vulnerable children in Iringa and means for support
• Provide counseling to the children and suggest the measure to address their situation
• Undertaking and writing up individual assessment reports which meet specified standards provided by the organization
• Mobilize the children living alone to encourage and accept fostering
• Offering information and conducting awareness training to the children and housemothers
• organizing and managing packages of support to enable children make position choices in their career to lead the fullest lives possible
• Ensure and support child participation at all stages of programming
• Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular child or family to the German Board
• Preparing work plans, monthly/weekly/quarterly and semiannual as requested by the project manager and the German Board
• Communicating with matron and project manager in making referrals to other agencies
• Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding child protection or health
• Organizing and designing children clubs, music and sports activities that are tailored towards removing stress and other emotional situations to children
• Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for child elopement (?)
• Work with Matron to develop the care plan for every individual child and make follow-ups about the implementation.
• Participating in training, supervision, and team meetings.
Position Core Competencies:
You will need to show evidence of the following:
• Patience and the ability to remain calm in a crisis
• Flexibility to adapt to new roles, tasks, and situations
• Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
• Pedagogical and psychological skills
• The capacity to absorb legal and procedural information
• The ability to negotiate, mediate and interpret on behalf of service users
• Good organizational skills to work autonomously and plan meetings for a caseload of clients.
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counselling or relevant social science with at least a year of relevant working experience in social work and protection.
• Experience working with children and youth, and especially vulnerable children desirable.
• Counseling skills are highly required and an added advantage
• Basic IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
• Swahili and English skills in speaking and writing required.
• Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support
• Ability to cope and work under pressure
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• This position is for a social worker with the age limit 25 – 35.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, highly motivated, dynamic and results-oriented individuals who demonstrate self-drive and initiative for the following posts; please send your application with CV, school leaving certificate, bachelor certificate, work experience and your motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Address to; The Project Manager Amani Orphans Home Mbigili P.O.BOX 304 IRINGA Tanzania.