The Ardhi University (ARU) was established after transforming the former University College of Lands and Architectural Studies (UCLAS) which was then a constituent college of the University of Dar es Salaam from 1st July 1996. The history of Ardhi University, however, dates back to 1956 when the then Surveying Training School offering land surveying technician certificate courses was established at the present location of Mgulani Salvation Army Camp in Dar es Salaam. Then, that school was moved to the present location at which it is today (the Observation Hill) in 1958. In 1972, the school became called Ardhi Institute. The Institute offered two-year diploma programmes in the fields of Land Surveying and Land Management and Valuation. In the same year a three-year Diploma program in Urban and Rural Planning was introduced.
Ardhi University has vacant positions in the Academic cadres as indicated below. The University subscribes to the policy of an equal opportunity employer and therefore invites applications from candidates who are interested to work in a thriving University environment and have the requisite skills, qualifications and experience for various positions as indicated below;
A: ACADEMIC POSITIONS
1.0 SCHOOL OF SPATIAL PLANNING AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (SSPSS)
1.1 Tutorial Assistant
1.1.1 Required qualifications:
The candidate must have BSc. In Housing and Infrastructure Planning with a GPA of at least 3.8 or above and a minimum score of B+ in the relevant subjects or its equivalent.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS
1. All academic awards should be from recognized Universities and Institutions.
2. Candidates pursuing Masters studies in relevant field will have an added advantage, for the post of Tutorial Assistant.
3. All applicants should indicate in their application letter post and the name of the school to which they are applying.
4. All applicants with certificates from foreign Universities should have the certificates verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
5. Applicants who are currently employed by Public Institutions should channel their applications through their respective employers.
6. All applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following:
i) Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
ii) Three names and complete addresses of referees;
iii) Current CV 7. Age limit: not above 45 years 8. Applications should reach the University by using the address below not later than 13th November, 2019. 9. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the undersigned: The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) Ardhi University, P.O. Box 35176, Dar es Salaam.