Manage, organize and supervise the work of the informational systems department Coordinates all MIS development, including but not limited to installing and maintaining communications and hardware in the office in good working state to optimize the work of the Company and make it more efficient Oversee and supervises maintaining of good operation of the computer equipment, communications and office equipment
• Supervises IT in all offices.
• Experience with Windows Server operating systems (2008 and up) and Cisco and/or Meraki firewall preferred.
• Serves as technical manager and supervisor- for Project Share Point sites with consultation with HO IT, assists program staff to -develop budgets for project IT infrastructure, provide specifications for project IT acquisitions, and assist in the evaluation of tenders for project equipment
• Travels to project sites to configure and install project local area network components, provide training to local users, and trouble-shoot issues.
• Maintains, repairs and upgrades servers and computers (laptops and desktops). Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 required.
• Creates and/or modifies accounts in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Share Point Online 2013 (infrastructure )
Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting
• Provides software, hardware and network maintenance, support and problem resolution tor all Project computer and IT system users in project offices.
• Monitors and troubleshoots network/server operations, and respond to problems reported by the user community.
• Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, including PC hardware problems and e-mail, Internet, remote access, and local-area network access problems.
• Monitors and reviews logs reporting on network and server operation, and trouble-shoots as required
Network and Database
• Monitors and maintains server to ensure QuickBooks and online database are connected and working properly. Troubleshoots issues as they arise.
• Carries out installation of communications and necessary office equipment in project offices.
• In consultation with HO IT team, configures and maintains servers, firewall, switches, and other networked equipment for local area networks.
Technical and User Support
• Provides technical support to business teams implementing applications such as data integration with existing systems, establishing single sign-on with cloud-based applications, trouble-shooting issues within the application portfolio.
• Creates materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAOs).
• Prepares instructions/training on equipment use, reports and manuals. Reads, understands and applies complex technical information, and master’s new computer technology.
Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment and managing small office local area networks
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft server platforms 2008 and better
• Minimum 3 years’ experience administering Microsoft SOL Server and Microsoft Office 365
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should submit an application letter describing why he/she is the best fit for this position, and a curriculum vitae detailing relevant work experience with three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 19th November 2017 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Source the Guardian November08, 2017